192 Main Street
Clifton, TN 38425
Fax: (931) 676-3678
Sunday - Closed
Hours: Tuesday-Friday from 10:00-5:00,
and Saturday 10:00-2:00
The Clifton Library is a branch of the Wayne County Library, which is located in Waynesboro. The Clifton Library opened in the fall of 1996 in the T.S. Stribling home. The house is now devoted to the Stribling Museum. The library has several of Mr. Stribling's writings, some of which are available for checkout. People of all ages use the library, and there is something here for just about everyone, so please feel free to stop by and check it out!
The library has an ongoing book sale to raise money for supplies and materials. We have a varied selection of paperbacks available for 10 cents each or 12 for $1.00. There are hardcovers available as well which are usually $1.00 each, with prices varying based on the condition of the books. Different books are added to the sale rack frequently, so don't pass up an opportunity to support your local library and get a great deal on some reading materials! (Monetary donations and donated materials are always gratefully accepted.)
Summer Reading Program:
A Summer Reading Program is offered to children every year. See Manager for details.
Services offered through the Clifton Library include:
- Free Internet Access- Full Internet access is provided for individuals 12 years old and over.
- Offline Computer Programs- Typing programs are available on the computers for anyone to use for reports, resumes, etc., as well as educational software for children with games and stories. Some of these are The Cat In The Hat, Stellaluna, Barney, and Arthur, as well as programs to enrich math and science skills.
- Fax and Copy machines for public use- Faxes are $1.00 per page incoming and outgoing, copies and printouts are 10 cents each.
- Varied selection of VHS tapes- Action, comedy, drama, Disney, educational, and family films.
- Audio Books- A new selection of audio books arrive every six months.
- Bestsellers in Fiction and Non-Fiction- New books are ordered monthly.
- Books for Children and Young Adults
- Large selection of paperback books
- General Reference
- Local and State historical information
- Interlibrary Loan- For $1.50 (to cover postage fees), the Clifton Library can request to borrow books we do not have from other libraries. Books are received through the mail, checked out to the patron for the usual amount of time, then returned. This service allows library users convenient access to books they might otherwise have to purchase themselves.
- Summer Reading Program
- Tennessee Electronic Library- A great service, provided free to patrons
- Magazines and Newspapers- Our periodicals have greatly improved recently. We now receive Smithsonian, National Geographic, Car and Driver, Time, U.S. News, Field and Stream, Golf, Parent and Child, Prevention, Rolling Stone, Computer Games, Brides, and American Baby magazines. We also receive weekly editions of the Wayne County News and The Savannah Courier.